Friday 27 July 2012

Olympic outfits ...

I'm upset! 
The Swedish olympic outfits are designed by a chinese low price company. What's wrong with our own designers? Every fourth year a country attending the Olympic games has an unique opportunity to build it's brand in many ways, for example by presenting ... Great Britain wears Stella McCartney and Italy wears Prada/Armani. I can't understand why the athletes representing Sweden don't wear clothes designed by some of the great designers of Sweden.
Photo: Swedish relay team 4x100 m 1912.

4 comments:

mes bijoux said...

as I can see that was a common trend this time... Spain outfits were not design by any spanish designer (and there a some good designers here!). Sometimes the stupidity of people taking big decisions still puzzle me...
kisses from Barcelona!

Maria Riazzoli said...

a men ja veeeet!! Så himla tråkigt! Suck säger jag bara.

liza said...

Though ours were designed by Ralph Lauren, I guess they were made in China...
Hopefully, if enough people speak up, it won't happen again!
I do love this photo.

Hillary's Brook said...

The US did the same thing. I still can't get over it. Drives me crazy!